samedi 29 janvier 2011

I made a Blog

I am a Peace Corps Volunteer in Rwanda teaching English and Math to senior 2 students. I started doing this three weeks ago at Ecole Secondair ku Mulindi, and I love it here. 
In the last email I sent out to friends and family I said that I would not be writing a blog/reading anyone else's blog, but I lied. I visited my friend Lucy in the next town over and we spent a good 3 hours reading and talking about peoples blogs and she suggested I write my own. I slept on it and in the morning I had this great idea for the title of my blog. Serwon + Rwanda = Serwanda. There are so many shared letters I could not pass up such an opportunity. I don't know about you, but I think it is Serwonderful. I am going to try and think of interesting topics to write about for all of you who Serwander over to my blog. Sometimes I like to sit and Serwonder about my role here as a teacher and how I can help to develop Serwanda. I want you all to get a feel of what it is like for me here in Serwanda so I plan on Serwendering all of the information that I can. (That last one is supposed to be surrender, I'll stop because I'm starting to annoy myself.) 
I hope that everyone finds this interesting so that I don't post this for no Serweason. 
Thanks goes out to Lucy for this blog.

Here I am on the busy streets of Byumba.

I have a lovely walk to school everyday.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire